Tony’s Take: Porsche’s still have plenty of runway left!
Should bring 50% of the real deal. $175 to $200k
In my opinion, this Tribute car is exceptionally well executed and should command a price of $175k to $200k, which is approximately half the cost of a real Carrera RS. This 1973 Porsche 911T coupe has been expertly modified to emulate the iconic Carrera RS. The modifications include fitting RS-style bodywork, refinishing the car in Light Yellow, retrimming the interior with fixed-back front GTS Classic sport seats and RS-style door panels, and installing a 2.7-liter flat-six engine equipped with mechanical fuel injection. The five-speed manual transaxle has also been modified with a Quaife limited-slip differential.
Additional features of this impressive vehicle include 15″ Fuchs wheels, a front-mount oil cooler, Carrera RS-specification brakes, dual master cylinders, Bilstein shocks, Turbo-specification tie rod ends, and a MOMO Prototipo steering wheel. The suspension is fitted with RS-style torsion bars, adjustable aluminum trailing arms, and an adjustable rear sway bar. The cabin features black leather upholstery, lightweight salt-and-pepper carpets, RS-style door panels, a WEVO shifter, and a fire extinguisher. The dashboard face has been refinished, and the instrumentation includes an 8k-rpm tachometer, a 150-mph speedometer, and auxiliary gauges.
The redesigned 2.7-liter flat-six engine for the replacement includes towers, camshafts, and pistons and cylinders that measure 90mm. It has an aftermarket heat exchanger, an RS-style back muffler, and Bosch mechanical fuel injection that meets 2.7-liter specifications. A Quaife limited-slip differential and a 915 five-speed manual transaxle work together to provide power to the rear wheels. The sale also includes two keys, the Porsche Certificate of Authenticity, owner’s manuals, and recent records. This beautiful 911T in the RS style has been expertly built, maintained, and is a great collector’s piece.
- This is a modified 1973 Porsche 911T coupe styled after a Carrera RS.
- It has been refinished in Light Yellow with fiberglass RS-style bodywork.
- Equipped with a 2.7-liter flat-six engine with mechanical fuel injection and a Quaife limited-slip differential.
- Features 15″ Fuchs wheels, RS-specification brakes, Bilstein shocks, Turbo-specification tie rod ends, and MOMO Prototipo steering wheel.
- Interior has fixed-back front GTS Classic sport seats and RS-style door panels, with additional equipment including a WEVO shifter and a fire extinguisher.
- Comes with recent records, owner’s manuals, Porsche Certificate of Authenticity, and a clean Pennsylvania title.
- The replacement engine has been rebuilt 5,400 miles ago with 90mm pistons and cylinders, along with camshafts and towers.
- The odometer shows just over 5,400 miles, and the total chassis mileage is unknown.
- The suspension is fitted with adjustable aluminum trailing arms and an adjustable rear sway bar.
- The car has a front-mount oil cooler, aftermarket heat exchangers, and an RS-style rear muffler.
- The exterior has metal rear fender flares and clear film applied under the European-specification headlights.
- The cabin features REPA Racing four-point seatbelts, lightweight salt-and-pepper carpets, and a dashboard storage bin.
|Year||Make/Model||Sale Price||Sale Date|
|1973||Porsche 911T Custom Coupe||$154,000||Mar 27, 2021|
|1972||Porsche 911T – s/t Tribute 2.7L Twin-Plug||$150,000||Nov 4, 2022|
|1973||Porsche 911T Coupe||$145,911||Aug 2, 2021|
|1972||Porsche 911T 2.7L 5-Speed||$145,911||Aug 12, 2021|
|Model||911T RS 2.7 Tribute|
|Condition||★ ★ ★ ★ ★|
|Price When New||Base Price
$8,199. 1973 911T|
|Highest Previous Price||$150k ( Nov 4, 2022)|
|Auction House||Bring A Trailer|
|Auction Date||March 16|
|My Prediction||$200k |