“The Amelia Auction | Estimate: $750,000 – $850,000”?
- Prior to Mercedes-Benz acquiring AMG, they had an impressive catalog of performance cars.
- In 1991, AMG transformed the 217 hp inline-six 300 CE-24 into a German muscle car, called the 6.0 AMG Widebody.
- They replaced the engine with a 32-valve, four-cam, 5.0-liter M119 V8 and increased the displacement to 6.0-liters to produce 375 hp.
- The rear suspension was reengineered, and the body was transformed into a widebody model with flared fenders.
- The AMG Widebody Coupe has a Nautical Blue Metallic finish with custom blue leather interior and burl walnut wood trim.
- The car received an AMG serial number, indicating the extensive work invested in it.
- The car was believed to have been built in Germany and was a show car when it arrived in Japan.
- It was imported to the United States in 2022 and would be a star in any Mercedes-Benz and AMG collection.
|Model||Mileage||Sale Price||Sold by||Date Sold|
|1988 300CE 6.0L AMG Hammer||19,417 mi||$661,800||The MB Market||Aug 4, 2022|
|1992 300 CE 6.0 AMG ‘Hammer’||77,500 km (48,156 mi)||£207,000||RM Sotheby’s||Oct 24, 2019|
|1990 300CE-24 AMG 3.4 Widebody||32,000 km (19,884 mi)||$215,000||Bring a Trailer||May 27, 2021|
|Model||6.0 Widebody Coupe|
|Number of Owners||Researching|
|Condition||★ ★ ★ ★|
|Price When New||Researching|
|Highest Previous Price||$124,229 ( Feb 5, 2020)|
|Auction House||Broad Arrow|
|Auction Date||4 MARCH|